New London Architecture (NLA) offers a programme of three-month paid internships throughout the year, for individuals wanting to learn more about architecture, planning and development in London, and gain experience working with a small, but busy, events and programming team.
NLA is an independent forum for discussion, debate and information about architecture, planning, development and construction in the capital. The core mission of NLA is to bring people together to shape a better city.
We create and deliver a busy year-round programme of events, research and exhibitions, and examine all the issues affecting London’s built environment. Our programme attracts all those with a stake in the future of the city: politicians, developers, professionals and the public, and we have a growing membership of over 400 organisations. We are a small, hard-working and sociable team based in Central London, in offices immediately above our exhibition galleries at The Building Centre.
NLA offers a series of three-month internship positions, with the opportunity to support the team across a wide range of tasks in delivering their busy programme of exhibitions, events, publications and project databases. The role can be part- or full-time, 3-5 days a week, and will require some flexibility with some early starts and late finishes around NLA events.
General tasks include
- Supporting the NLA programme team in collating, updating and organising information on new architectural and development projects in London, for use across NLA exhibitions, publications, awards, magazines, online databases and the New London Model
- Ad hoc research tasks to assist the programme and accounts teams in developing events, insight study papers, and new lines of enquiry
- Assisting the marketing manager in archiving and uploading information to the NLA website
- Assisting the events team to deliver the events programme – including preparation, front of house support and post-event analysis
- General office support, including filing, post, office recycling, and answering telephones
Download the full job description here
How to get in touch:
Internships are available throughout the year from, February – April 2017 and May – July 2017, August – October 2017.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Danielle Rowland, HR Director indicating the dates and days you would be available, and we will be in touch to arrange an informal interview.